Wednesday, July 9, 2008

ferris wheels, the beach, and ice cream

So, one advantage to being in grad school is the flexible schedule. For the first time in a really, really, long time, I didn't work on my birthday. I had a great, fun-filled day. It started at the Irvine Spectrum with Michele, where we took a tide on the Ferris Wheel. I mean, the Giant Wheel. Look, I barely make the height requirement:
So, I did find out that even though there is a height requirement, you can still ride the Giant Wheel unaccompanied by an adult if you are over the age of 12. Whew! Here's a view from the Giant Wheel:
Later that day, some friends and I went to Laguna Beach. There was a great view, nice swimming, and some vicious waves. After getting tossed about in the ocean, we had some strong drinks and great Thai food. Good times!


Other cool things: I got two new cookbooks this past week. Heidi and BJ gave me the cookie cookbook, and I got the cupcake cookbook last week. And, Michele gave me an ice cream maker yesterday. Mmmm. Uh, yeah, I'm never going to graduate. Seriously. I'm going to be too busy baking and making ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kris you are such an adorable, wee thing! LOL @ the height requirement!