Saturday, July 26, 2008

Go BLUE!

Yesterday, I learned about BLUE (Best Linear Unbiased Estimators) in my regression class. Ha! Now I know why ICPSR is at the Univ of Michigan. (Get it? 'Cause the colors are blue and gold) My regression professor is super cool and an excellent instructor. He is dedicated to helping students truly understand statistics, and (do I dare say this?) he makes statistics...fun. Seriously. If we were to compare statistics to driving a car, this professor wants us to understand not only how to drive the car but also understand what is going on under the hood. I had the pleasure of picking his brain during his office hours yesterday, and I became an even bigger fan.

Last night a couple friends and I ate yummy Indian food and wandered around downtown. We all kept commenting on how cool Ann Arbor is and how our current places of residence are nothing like it. A nice college town, Ann Arbor has personality (unlike Irvine, which has no soul). Anyway, we ended up at the Monkey Bar, sitting outside and drinking margaritas. Then we headed over to Kilwin's for some hand dipped ice cream in homemade waffle cones. Kilwan's also has a chocolate shop and makes fudge. It smelled amazing.

Today, I went to an ICPSR picnic and met some more people. Tonight, I am going to a comedy club. In the meantime, I am going to be doing some homework.



No comments: