Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Operation Chocolate Chip Cookie: Trial 11

So, this trial isn't a chocolate chip cookie, but it's close. Instead, I made White Chocolate and Macademia Nut cookies. See below:
This trial was extremely frustrating. I recall successfully making White Chocolate and Macademia Nut cookies a year ago. I used a recipe from the Food Network, and the cookies turned out great. This time around, I used the recipe from my Search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe book, and something...just...wasn't...right. These cookies turned out really dark. Too dark. I threw away the first couple batches because I thought they were burnt. I messed around with baking times and oven temperatures, but nothing helped.

Anyway, despite the odd color, the cookies tasted really good. I don't know if it was a chemical reaction that made these so dark, but the sugars were nicely carmelized and melded beautifully with the white chocolate. Next time, I would add some more macademia nuts. Nevertheless, these cookies were dense, nice, and chewy. Even though these cookies were not aesthetically pleasing, my friends were eager taste testers.

No comments: